So, I have a few stolen moments. Atlas is watching a movie, Andy is still sleeping. Atlas and I just came in from a bike ride. Sounded like a good idea at the time until I realized that it was 900 degrees out there! Came back drenched in sweat and in need of water! But all better now.
I am really looking forward to my trip to Colorado next month. Not only do I get to help one of my dearest longtime best friends get married, I get a vacation!!! One packed with wedding hysteria! But a vacation from the mundane all the same. I am looking forward to some time in a hotel, with roomies of course, but still! And getting to see my second family! I haven't seem many of them for going on 9 years! One of the things I miss is being able to pick up and go anytime I want without wondering about eating schedules, nap time and bedtime. It will be nice to have that freedom. SO thankful for Tiffany Powell who will be watching Atlas the week I am gone. It makes this trip much more enjoyable knowing that someone who I TRUST is watching him. I know he is in good hands. :) I have a feeling I will be in need of another "vacation" when I get back. I need to be careful to keep myself calm and not get swept up in the chaos. I am Main of Honor and my duty is to make sure that the bride (and I) stay sane!
Andy and I have a special vacation in September that I am super stoked about. It will be nice to be able to get away just the two of us. It will be the first trip we have taken where Andy's dad didn't go with. Out of the country anyway. :) We really need this time. We just celebrated our 6 year anniversary June 12th. Even though Atlas was sick, we celebrated at home and it sounds funny, but it was just what we needed. I am usually really preoccupied with Atlas, Andy from work and running and working in the yard. We set aside Monday nights a while ago as our date night. But that lasted about a month. (Until Bachelorette started anyway.) We had fun and laughed a lot. Its nice to know after 6 years, we still really get a kick out of each other. Trying to keep past hurts and offenses aside, just for a day felt great. Being married 6 years means 6 years of love, pain, laughter, loss and so much more. It is hard not to carry that with you. Andy is better about forgiving and forgetting than I am. Something I need to work on. Even though he can drive me absolutely bonkers, I still love him very much and love his heart. He's a great dad. And he gets as much joy out of the little things Atlas does as I do.
Until next time,
Tracey
No comments:
Post a Comment