Friday, June 11, 2010

Here we go

Ok! I am so excited! We'll see how long I can go before I get pulled away by my son. I have been feeling for a while like I needed a new hobby, an outlet or something! I love being a mommy, and at the same time, I am excited to have a place to put down my thoughts and feel like this is just mine! Something I am doing just for me. :) It is so hard when you are the mom of a two year old to still feel like there is some of the old you still in there. Most days I look in the mirror and don't recognize who I see staring back at me. The girl I see looks tired, hair a mess and still in the pajamas she wore the day before. I don't FEEL like the way I look most days. Well, maybe some days. Haha!

The journey through motherhood has been full of unexpected joys and more sleepless nights than I can count. What I would love to get from this is more of a sense of who I am when I am not being mommy. Just me. Even as I sit here now, I am wondering who I am anymore, it is so easy to get suffocated by your routine and the demands that family life can put on you. I am learning that time for yourself doesn't just happen, you have to make it.

That is all I have time for right now, but I look forward to writing again soon!
~Tracey

6 comments:

  1. p.s. i LOVE the orange background! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel the same way when it comes to being a mommy. I feel like I lost part of me but gain a new me too. "Me"time has been a huge adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please excuse the typo lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all sorts of adorable, Miss "Larson" Ott:) Good words of wisdom from the motherly depths of your soul.

    Identity is something that changes second by second, as you shape your son's world, he reciprocates. He is part of who you are. When he moves out, years down the road, you will be left with the artifact of his presence. How you shape your world, independent of him, is a very difficult task I imagine. He is so desperately in need of you, how do you have time to need yourself? Time will tell. Thus concludes my blog about your blog:)

    ReplyDelete